+1

It is my birthday today. 🙂

For some reason, I’m not telling anyone my age. I don’t know why. Like, almost 90% of my close friends are the same age as me, or know me from uni or high school, so they know how old I’m turning. But for some reason, I’m not explicitly stating how old I am.

I think, partially and oddly enough, people who don’t know me — strangers on Twitter or Instagram or in real life sometimes! — don’t believe me, and at first it was funny to see their looks of sheer confusion, but now it’s just become a bit weird. I had a woman card me recently at the liquor store and she had the most shocked expression when she saw my ID. I’d never had that reaction before. “I never would’ve guessed,” she had said, and I stuffed my ID back in my wallet, grabbed my white zin, and ran. Although the fact that I’m drinking white zin should allude to my age, anyway…! Would a teenager buy white zin??? Doubtful!

But, to be honest, I know that’s not the real reason why I’m not telling people my age. It is 15% of the reason. The remaining 85% is just because I don’t want to tell anyone because I don’t know it’s not that deep.

But honestly, that’s not even the most important thing.

The most important thing is that I’ve had such a transformative year. July could not have been kinder to me. I am very thankful. 🙂 I’ve learned a lot and I’ve applied my knowledge. I am entering a new phase and it excites me a lot. I’m taking my first steps towards a concrete goal and I feel liberated. Happy birthday to me, indeed.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s